- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- Back the Big 60,000 Campaign for Community Energy!
- Imagine if every UK school ran on sun
- Get snapping for our community energy photo competition!
- Co-Operative Energy to Launch World’s Biggest Celebration of Community Energy
- Community Energy Fortnight: Anafon Hydro Project
- Community Energy Fortnight: Bristol Green Doors
- Community Energy Fortnight: Regen South West
- Community Energy Fortnight: Scene Consulting
- Community Energy Fortnight: Drumlin Wind Energy Co-operative
- Co-operative Energy back CEF 2014
Community Energy Fortnight
The 2014 Community Energy Fortnight will take place from 13th - 28th September!
More details to be released in early 2014.
As part of the public outreach and mobilisation work of the Coalition, 2013 saw the first ever Community Energy Fortnight taking place right across the UK. Running from 24th August - 8th September, events ranged from a walking tour of mountain hydros in Snowdonia, to a community heat workshop; a visit to Westmill wind farm and solar park to a DIY solar PV workshop for low-income groups. Click the button on the left to browse through the full archive of events that took place.
The aim of the Fortnight is to engage and inspire people about the wide-ranging benefits of community energy – and to encourage groups to set up their own projects too.
Both in the build-up to, and during, the 2013 Community Energy Fortnight, we ran a petition in support of community energy. We were thrilled to receive nearly 60,000 signatories! We presented the petition to Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, Ed Davey, during the Fortnight.
Huge thanks to everyone who signed for their support!